Have you had this experience? All of a sudden you have this huge feeling that something is about to happen, and to your surprise, that intuition was eventually translated to reality?
When you feel strongly about something without logical basis to it, that’s called intuition. It comes in three types of impressions: clairvoyance or “the third eye”, sensing clearly, and feeling through listening.
Clairvoyance is when your eye goes beyond what it can see. This is when you know what is happening somewhere.
Sensing clearly is basically what we refer to as “hunch” or “gut feel”. This is when you are overwhelmed with a feeling and you can’t explain it. All you can say is “I just know.”
Feeling through listening or “Clairaudience” is being able to “listen” between the lines. Intuition also happens at times when a certain sound, whatever it is – be it a car’s honk or a bird’s chirping – ushers in an intense feeling of familiarity.
They say only a small number of people are gifted with intuition. Astrologists insist that people born under the Scorpio or Pisces signs are naturally intuitive. It almost borders on E.S.P., but studies have been sprouting up left and right that proclaim that anyone can develop intuition.
Why the need to develop intuition? Why not leave your emotional and psychological state as it is? First and foremost, intuition promotes good communication. It makes you more sensitive to the people around you and it often keeps you from hurting those you love because you are intuitive enough to understand them and their thoughts and feelings. Intuition also makes you far more creative than usual. Intuition allows more creative juices to flow for all means of expression. Lastly, intuition has a healing power. This healing power is not in the physical sense, but in delving deep into your soul to eradicate some negative energy buried within it.
With that being said, are you ready to develop your intuition? Here are some ways to unlock this gift:
1. Hypnosis: Hypnosis is not limited to watching a pendulum move back and forth. Perform self-hypnosis or you can take advantage of hypnotic programs that can strengthen your intuition.
2. Meditation: Meditating means finding peace in yourself. If your mind and heart are cluttered with too much baggage and hurt, you won’t be able to quiet down that part of you required to initiate intuition. There are so many ways to meditate: take a yoga class, or just simply practice some breathing that could bring you straight to Zen.
3. Think positive: A worry-free, fear-free state could do so much to improve your intuitive ability. By staying positive, you attract good energy that would be able to easily recognize imminent feelings and events.
4. Just let go: What does this mean? If you are on the brink of making a huge decision, let go of all the inhibitions and head to a quiet place where you can trace where your thought process has brought you. Sometimes you have to listen to the voice within you, and that voice won’t come out unless you allow it.
5. Never expect: After letting go of the inhibitions and all those things that stop you from thinking and feeling clearly, never expect an answer right away. Never expect that the “hunch” will just fall into your lap immediately. Give it a little time. You’ll be surprised that all of a sudden you have your answer.
6. Believe in your first impressions: When you see someone for the first time and think that he is a bit too arrogant for your taste, chances are that impression actually holds true. Most of the time, first impressions are brought by intuition. And remember, you only have one chance to make (or receive) a first impression! Later on, go back and think about what your first impression was and see if it holds true. I think you’ll be surprised!
7. Stay happy: All you need to be intuitive is to stay happy! Happiness attracts immense power and such power includes intuition. In tapping into your intuition, your motivation should be happiness and contentment. Given that premise, intuition will come to you easily.
Intuition is helpful, because sometimes it leads you to something that cannot be achieved otherwise. A lot of lives have been saved by intuition alone. Decisions are accomplished easier if you are lucky enough, or determined enough, to use this gift. Develop your intuition now and reap benefits like you have never imagined.
Louis BonaventuraLou and Robin Bonaventura have been Professional Network Marketers for the past 4 years. They attribute much of their success to personal development and consistent learning. Visit their Blog, and their Learning Center [http://www.successnetwworkgroup.com] for more insight into how personal development can benefit you.
Article source: Developing Your Intuition
I’ve noticed that the information for many of the authors on this blog has changed since I originally posted their articles. Where possible, I have tried to provide updated links where links have changed. Where I could not find new links to replace dead links, I first looked for an archived version of the site. Where that failed, I unlinked the dead links and display them as text. If you are the author of this article and you would like to provide updated links or change any other information in the author box, please contact me, and I will be happy to update the information.