Theta Healing works by using a special technique of meditation and focused prayer to achieve and conscious Theta brain wave, allowing us to directly access the subconscious mind.
So what exactly is a brain wave?
By attaching electrodes to the scalp and using a device known as an electroencephalogram (EEG), we can view and analyze the traces of electrical activity in the brain that represent the “brain waves”.
Like all waves, brain waves have a frequency, measured in cycles per second or Hertz (abbreviated Hz), which is the number of cycles the wave goes through in one second. So, a lower Hertz number represents a slower wave.
Brain waves are categorized by their frequency. There are four kinds brain waves generally known to science and measured by EEGs – alpha, beta, theta, and delta – and one more that has been recently discovered now that EEGs are becoming sensitive enough – gamma.
- Beta brain waves, measured at 13-40 Hz, are the brain state of our normal waking consciousness. Nearly all forms of action, thinking, and problem solving are done with a beta brain wave. Most people spend most of their waking lives in a beta state.
- Alpha brain waves, measured at 7-13 Hz, are the brain state of relaxation and meditation. The alpha state is associated with creativity and super learning, where the brain learns at a faster and deeper level than it does in beta. Most meditation and energy healing techniques cultivate and utilize an alpha brain wave for relaxation and healing.
- Theta brain waves, measured at 4-7 Hz, are the brain state of REM sleep (dreams), hypnosis, lucid dreaming, and the barely conscious state just before sleeping and just after waking. Theta is the border between the conscious and the subconscious world, and by learning to use a conscious, waking Theta brain wave we can access and influence the powerful subconscious part of ourselves that is normally inaccessible to our waking minds. While in the Theta state, the mind is capable of deep and profound learning, healing, and growth – it is the brain wave where our minds can connect to the Divine and manifest changes in the material world.
- Delta brain waves, measured at less than 4 Hz, are the brain state of deep sleep and unconsciousness.
- Gamma brain waves, measured at 40+ Hz, are the brain state of hyperalertness, perception, and integration of sensory input. When time seems to slow down during a car accident, the brain is entering a high gamma state. Vianna teaches that when using the Theta Healing technique the brain is actually moving back and forth between the theta and gamma state.
What does this have to do with healing?
There is a great deal of research activity currently underway to further explore the link between brain activity and physiology and phenomena such as psychic healing.
The science of brain waves combined with spirituality is already yielding interesting new products such as the various meditation CDs that use binaural beat technology to bring the listener’s brain to a particular brain wave state.
Because of the incredible power of the theta brain wave to access the subconscious, the Theta Healing technique is a sophisticated technology for learning to cultivate a theta brain wave, using it to connect to the Universe, and shifting the underlying programs that cause us illness, injury, stress, and/or unhappiness.
It has been improved and refined for many years to provide the quickest, deepest healing possible in the highest and best interest of the client and practitioner. As with any powerful tool, anyone interested in learning to use the theta brain wave is strongly encouraged to get proper training by taking the Theta Healing DNA 1-2 seminar and becoming a certified Theta Healing practitioner.
Brent PhillipsBrent Phillips was a successful MIT-trained software engineer when his life was shattered by a health crisis that left him in pain and unable to work. After 7 years of all manner of conventional and alternative therapies, a surgery left his right arm frozen at the elbow - until he discovered Theta Healing and his arm healed in an instant! Brent is today a full time Theta Healing practitioner, instructor, and author, and has dedicated his life to sharing the magic and miracles of Theta Healing with his clients and students around the world.
Website: The Formula for Miracles
Article source: A Brief Explanation of Theta Brain Waves
I’ve noticed that the information for many of the authors on this blog has changed since I originally posted their articles. Where possible, I have tried to provide updated links where links have changed. Where I could not find new links to replace dead links, I first looked for an archived version of the site. Where that failed, I unlinked the dead links and display them as text. If you are the author of this article and you would like to provide updated links or change any other information in the author box, please contact me, and I will be happy to update the information.